This image of The Nativity is reproduced from a stained glass window in the southwest transept of Canterbury Cathedral. The window was designed in 1902 by Christopher Whall, an important member of the Arts and Crafts movement.
The jewel-like colours of the windows were enhanced by the use of Edward Prior's newly invented thickly moulded textured slab glass. It was called 'Early English' to stress the link with medieval craftsmanship.
5.25 x 6" / 13.25 x 15.25cm.